Mālama Kaua‘i is seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial Community Farm Manager to join the team to vision, strategize, organize, and maintain the on-the-ground operations of our 8-acre non-profit agricultural learning center and community farm. We are seeking someone who is hungry to create jobs for, and mentor, youth, while building a successful social enterprise.
This is a part-time (28/hrs/wk) position with benefits, with a typical schedule between the hours of 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday, working directly with the Executive Director.
- Manage day-to-day farm and property operations, including landscape maintenance, vegetable and fruit production, livestock care, value-added product processing and sales
- Assist in guiding the farm’s overall strategy, business plan and finances to ensure operational profitability
- Ensure that farm truck, tools and machinery are maintained regularly, including ordering parts, performing scheduled maintenance, and working with mechanics as necessary
- Help to recruit, train, oversee and lead farm interns with varying levels of experience, while ensuring a safe, fun, and engaging entrepreneurial learning experience for all
- Coordinate hands-on volunteer group projects during community work days and educational visits, with support from Volunteer Coordinator
- 5+ years of experience farming in Hawaii, with knowledge of Hawaiian culture and agriculture
- Strong communication skills and an outgoing, positive attitude; must enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- Basic skills in farm machinery maintenance
- Basic understanding of business, production planning, and using Google Docs & email
- $20/hr for 28 hours per week
- Benefits plan that includes options for medical, drug, dental, vision, life insurance, and massage/chiropractic/acupuncture
- Participation in a variety of workshops and continuing education opportunities
This is a grant-funded year long position; the Farm Manager will be responsible for generating farm revenue to maintain positionʻs continuance and sustainability within the organization, and bring the position into desired full-time status.
Send your resume to email@example.com, or for questions call (808) 720-7002