Event Planning Internship – Kalihiwai
Mālama Kaua‘i is seeking an Event Planning Intern who is committed to helping us create a more sustainable Kaua’i by supporting farmers and ranchers through our 2019 Farmer Expo. The intern will gain valuable experience with event planning and marketing. This role is primarily administrative, and applicants should have their own laptop to work on. Duties include:
• Assist with coordinating sponsors, vendors and volunteers for the event
• Participate in various event marketing activities, such as social media marketing, running flying campaigns, developing PSAs for radio, and more
• Helping to support program staff with other related event planning and management projects
• Proficient with Google Docs
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet appropriate deadlines
For income-eligible Kaua‘i residents ages 16 to 24 of Hawaiian descent, the position is 6-8 weeks up to 40 hrs/ week at $10.10 per hour.
Off-island applicants must be able to financially secure housing and travel on island (best fit for students who have a for-credit paid internship program through their school, internship scholarship/stipend, etc.) Hours per week are flexible within the timeframe of M-F 8a-4:30p.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org