Mālama Kaua`i is looking for a Fundraising Intern to support the development and growth of Mala`ai Kula, Kaua`i’s Hawaiian Charter School Farm-to-School Pilot. The intern will gain valuable experience with grant writing and help secure the funds needed to make this program sustainable. This role is primarily administrative, with some opportunities to work in the garden and with students. Duties include:
- Research and writing for grants
- Devising and executing creative fundraisers that engage the community
- Supporting outreach and marketing for Mala`ai Kula
- Proficient with computers, google docs, and writing
- Grant-writing experience is a plus
- Local applicants must be 18+ and income eligible.
For current Kaua`i residents, the position is 19 hours per week at $9.25 per hour up to 6 months.
For off-island applicants, this position is available as an unpaid internship. Off-island applicants must be able to financially secure housing and travel on island (best fit for students who have a for-credit paid internship program through their school, internship scholarship/stipend, etc.) Hours per week are flexible within the timeframe of M-F 8a-4:30p.
Please send us an email with a note on why you’re interested in this opportunity to email@example.com