Mālama Kaua`i is currently looking for a Community Farm Intern at our Kalihiwai Community Farm, which hosts a community garden, permaculture food forest, livestock, orchards, and more – with a variety of community programs and sales channels. Proceeds from the farm help to provide local jobs and internships for Native Hawaiians and local youth.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work with their hands and gain further experience with a variety of agriculture-related projects. You will work directly with program staff and Farm Manager to learn the ins and outs of community-based agricultural systems.
- Hands-on farming, landscaping, building, and irrigation projects
- Harvesting, marketing, and selling produce through donation-based farm stand and commercial restaurant sales
- Assisting with educational workshops, field trips, and other community based programs
- Research project and administrative program management opportunities for learning are also available to interested students
- Comfortable with and excited about working outside
For income-eligible Kaua‘i residents of Hawaiian descent, the position is 6-8 weeks up to 40 hrs/ week at $10.10 per hour.
For off-island applicants, this position is available as an unpaid internship. Off-island applicants must be able to financially secure housing and travel on island (best fit for students who have a for-credit paid internship program through their school, internship scholarship/stipend, etc.) Hours per week are flexible within the timeframe of M-F 8a-4:30p.
Please send us an email with a note on why you’re interested in this opportunity to email@example.com