Malama Kaua`i’s internship program provides part-time unpaid opportunities for those seeking to begin their career in agriculture or non-profit operations, or to gain entrepreneurial experience in sustainable farming business management. These learning-focused internship roles are based on our 7-acre farm in Kalihiwai, home to our main office, the Kauai Food Forest, 42-plot Kalihiwai Community Garden, livestock enclosure, Youth Garden, and educational farm plots.
Internships will be built around your specific interests, but may include:
- Learning sustainable farming operations including seasonal vegetable production, plant/tree propagation, permaculture, conservation and more
- Gaining skills in marketing, sales, fundraising and community outreach to introduce programs and sell products to the community
- Growing your administration skills in program management, activity/event planning, budgeting/finance, and business operations management
- Developing management skills by leading teams of other interns, students, and community volunteers on special projects
- Have a strong desire to develop a career in sustainable agriculture or non-profit operations, or to begin your own farming enterprise
- Are able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week with a regularly set schedule
- Must be 18+ or 16+ with parent’s permission
- Food and plant materials from the land
- Free workshops and continuing education opportunities
- Career services support for end-of-internship job placement
TO APPLY: Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with a note letting us know why you’re interested in joining and what you’d like to work on.