The Mahi‘ai Technical Assistance Program Manager will work alongside the Project Director to provide technical assistance and outreach services for minority farmers and ranchers, including offering and promoting a monthly workshop series and support program referrals.
- Provide outreach and marketing to minority farmers to assist them with accessing services and programs available to them through this program and others
- Develop and disseminate forms, flyers and brochures to the minority farming community
- Organize, promote, and host a monthly workshop series with speakers on topics of interest to minority farmers
- Meet with and assist minority farmers with the paperwork necessary to obtain support through a variety of programs and services
- Maintain project records and data for reporting purposes
- 3+ years administrative or program/project management experience
- Understanding of, and/or connections to, minority farming communities on Kaua‘i
- Exceptional writing and organizational abilities, with experience in Google Docs
- Must have own mode of transportation for field work
- Hawaiian multilingual/multicultural experience highly desirable
Current position is a temporary grant-funded role at 16 hrs/week for $20 per hour through through December 31st, 2018. Proposals are being submitted to secure funding for a 20/hr/wk, benefited position in 2019, pending funding commitments.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org