Mālama Kaua‘i is currently looking for a Marketing & Community Outreach Intern to assist with a variety of marketing, communications, and community outreach projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain marketing experience with a community-based, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that focuses on advocating, educating, and driving action towards a sustainable Kaua‘i.
You will work directly with program staff to create and establish dynamic marketing strategies for a host of projects related to voluntourism, farm-to-school programs, gleaning, and more.
Duties may include:
- Taking photos of events and activities for social media
- Creating Facebook albums, Instagram posts, blogs, newsletter updates, and other communications pieces
- Booking, planning, and manning outreach booths at events across the island
- Developing and hanging flyers throughout the community
- Proficient with computers, social media, and writing
- Outgoing, aloha-first attitude
- Local applicants must be 18+ and income eligible
For income-eligible Kaua‘i residents of Hawaiian descent, the position is 6-8 weeks up to 40 hrs/ week at $10.10 per hour. _____________________________________
For off-island applicants, this position is available as an unpaid internship. Off-island applicants must be able to financially secure housing and travel on island (best fit for students who have a for-credit paid internship program through their school, internship scholarship/stipend, etc.) Hours per week are flexible.
Please send us an email with a note on why you’re interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org