Get paid while experiencing hands-on food systems service projects and farm field trips!
2018/2019 Alu Like Internship – ongoing availability
- Eligibility: Must be at least 14 years old and income eligible
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau AND be Native Hawaiian, Native American Indian, or Alaskan Native
- Contact us for more info
- Rolling Deadline, Ongoing Program
2019 AmeriCorps Summer Ag Internship
- Must be at least 18 years old by June 3rd, 2019 to participate
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau
- Learn more and download the application here: 2019 AmeriCorps Summer Ag Internship Overview
Please note, this program is only available to Hawai`i residents; for those out of state, please contact us for other internship and volunteer opportunities or visit our Job & Volunteer Opportunities page.
The goal of the Kaua`i Ag Internship program is to offer 100 weeks of paid Ag Internships to local high school and college students annually, to inspire and mentor potential future farmers. In addition to receiving a stipend, students also receive a recommendation letter and internship evaluation for their future career portfolio.
Farmers: If you’d be interested in hosting a service-learning field trip and mentoring session with our Ag Interns on your farm, submit your information to us by completing this simple form.
For any questions or concerns, please contact our Youth & Food Coordinators:
Laura Manser (West) – 828-0685 x17 | email@example.com
Joe Capellupo (East/North) 828-0685 x19 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahalo to Cooke Foundation, Elsie H. Wilcox Foundation, Alu Like, Kamehameha Schools, and The Department of Agriculture for sponsoring our 2018 Ag Internship sessions!