We take the safety of participants very seriously, while also recognizing the critical nature of food security during these times. Due to COVID 19 response, our ag internship program is only accepting those aged 18+, with a maximum of 5 interns on site at any given time.
Our screening process is currently stricter than the CDC recommendations, and includes that participants in the program must: (1) not have been ill or traveled off-island within the last 14 days; and (2) not been in close contact with anyone who has traveled off-island or been ill in the last 14 days.
Get paid while experiencing hands-on food systems service projects and gaining farming experience!
2020 Ag Internship Programs
- Programs will be run during Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer for high school students
- Those 18+ can apply for any time period between now and June
- Must be at least 14 years old to participate
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau
- Learn more and download the application here: 2020 Ag Internship Overview & Application
2020 Alu Like Internship – ongoing availability
- Eligibility: Must be at least 14 years old and income eligible
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau AND be Native Hawaiian, Native American Indian, or Alaskan Native
- Contact us for more info, available for after school hours
- Rolling Deadline, Ongoing Program
Please note, these programs are only available to Hawai`i residents; for those out of state, please contact us for other internship and volunteer opportunities or visit our Job & Volunteer Opportunities page.
Under the Hawaii Child Labor Law, a child labor certificate or “work permit” is required for working minors until they reach 18 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 must obtain a certificate to participate in the Mālama Kauaʻi Ag Internship Program. More information and forms can be found at http://labor.hawaii.gov/wsd/child-labor/.
The goal of the Kaua`i Ag Internship program is to offer 100 weeks of paid Ag Internships to local high school and college students annually, to inspire and mentor potential future farmers. In addition to receiving a paycheck, students also receive a recommendation letter and internship evaluation for their future career portfolio.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us:
(808) 828-0685 x12 or email@example.com