Applications for our Summer Ag Internship Session is open now!
Get paid while experiencing hands-on food systems service projects, farm field trips, and workshops on agriculture!
Summer Break 2018 AmeriCorps Internship – June 4th to July 27th, 2018
- Eligibility: Must be 18+ for this program (application for younger participants apply for Alu Like below)
- Must be a resident of Kauai or Niihau
- Learn more and download the application here: 2018 AmeriCorps Summer Ag Internship Overview & Application
- Deadline: May 15th, 2018
Summer 2018 Alu Like Internship- June 4th to July 13, 2018
- Eligibility: Must be 14-24 years old
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau AND be Native Hawaiian, Native American Indian, or Alaskan Native
- Must be income eligible
- Learn more and download the application here: 2018 Alu Like Summer Ag Internship Overview & Application
- Rolling Deadline
Please note, this program is only available to Hawai`i residents; for those out of state, please contact us for other internship and volunteer opportunities or visit our Job & Volunteer Opportunities page.
The goal of the Kaua`i Ag Internship program is to offer 100 weeks of paid Ag Internships to local high school and college students annually, to inspire and mentor potential future farmers. In addition to receiving a stipend, students also receive a recommendation letter and internship evaluation for their future career portfolio.
Farmers: If you’d be interested in hosting a service-learning field trip and mentoring session with our Ag Interns on your farm, submit your information to us by completing this simple form.
Mahalo to Cooke Foundation, Elsie H. Wilcox Foundation, Alu Like and Kamehameha Schools for sponsoring our 2018 Winter Break Ag Internship session!