Get paid while experiencing hands-on food systems service projects and gaining farming experience!
2020 Ag Internship Programs
- Programs will be run during Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer for high school students
- Those 18+ can apply for any time period between now and June
- Must be at least 14 years old to participate
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau
- Learn more and download the application here: 2020 Ag Internship Overview & Application
2020 Alu Like Internship – ongoing availability
- Eligibility: Must be at least 14 years old and income eligible
- Must be a resident of Kaua‘i or Niihau AND be Native Hawaiian, Native American Indian, or Alaskan Native
- Contact us for more info, available for after school hours
- Rolling Deadline, Ongoing Program
Please note, these programs are only available to Hawai`i residents; for those out of state, please contact us for other internship and volunteer opportunities or visit our Job & Volunteer Opportunities page.
Under the Hawaii Child Labor Law, a child labor certificate or “work permit” is required for working minors until they reach 18 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 must obtain a certificate to participate in the Mālama Kauaʻi Ag Internship Program. More information and forms can be found at http://labor.hawaii.gov/wsd/child-labor/.
The goal of the Kaua`i Ag Internship program is to offer 100 weeks of paid Ag Internships to local high school and college students annually, to inspire and mentor potential future farmers. In addition to receiving a paycheck, students also receive a recommendation letter and internship evaluation for their future career portfolio.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us:
(808) 828-0685 x12 or firstname.lastname@example.org